Walk-in EKG Clinic Q&A
Express healthcare is proud to offer EKG services on a walk-in basis. Simply call our friendly staff today or visit us at our locations in College Park MD, New Carrollton MD, Falls Church VA, and Berwyn Height, MD.
Table of Contents:
Has your doctor suggested that you get an electrocardiogram? Express Healthcare offers an electrocardiogram which is also known as an EKG or ECG. This test is commonly used to check patients for any signs of heart disease. It is a test that will record the electrical activity of the heart through small electrode patches. A medical technician will attach the electrode patches on the skin of your chest, arms, and legs. When EKGs are performed, they are rather quick, safe, and painless. With this test, your doctor will be able to:
– Check the rhythm of your heart
– Check to see if you have poor blood flow to your heart muscle
– Be able to diagnose a heart attack
– Check on things that may show as abnormal, such as a thickened heart muscle
There will be some things that your doctor will instruct you to do before your appointment – so you may get yourself prepared and ready:
– Avoid any oily or greasy creams and lotions on the day of your appointment, applying creams and lotions can keep the electrodes from making direct contact with your skin.
– Avoid any full-length hosiery, because the electrodes will need to be placed directly on your legs.
– Wear a shirt that you can remove easily, this will allow the doctor and/or medical technicians to place the leads on your chest.
A medical technician at Express Healthcare will attach, roughly about 10, electrodes with adhesive pads/tape to your chest, arms, and legs. If you are male, you may be requested to have your chest shaved beforehand so that it will allow for a better connection between the adhesive pads and your skin. During the test, you will lie down flat while a computer creates the electrical impulses that your heart is creating. These impulses will be created and recorded on graph paper. This particular test is called a “resting” EKG – there does happen to be the same test but the electrical impulses will be created as you are exercising. Your doctor will be sure to partner with you beforehand so that way you are well prepared for the EKG you will do.
It only takes roughly about 10 minutes for the doctor or medical technician to attach the electrodes to the skin and to complete the test. However, the actual recording itself will only take a few seconds. At Express Healthcare your doctor will also be sure to keep your EKG patterns on file so that way he/she can compare them to any tests that you may need to get in the future.
So, when you are searching for an EKG clinic, be sure to visit Express Healthcare, We are located in College Park MD, New Carrollton MD, Falls Church VA, and Vienna VA. For More Information, Call Us or Walk-in Today. No Appointment is Necessary. We serve patients from College Park MD, New Carrollton MD, Falls Church VA, Acredale MD, and Old Town MD.